Tuesday, January 7, 2014

How I Imagined Mountain Man

Awesome posts, guys--keep them coming! As I have been storyboarding, I have also been thinking about the design for the mountaineer (I am thinking he seems like a "Victor" --is that manly enough?) I know we don't need to do fully rendered designs, but tonight I just copied and pasted a storyboard and slapped some colors on it!

Wesley posted some pictures of Charles Muntz (the villain from Pixar's "Up"), and coincidentally after Ethan pitched the story, I pictured his younger design in my mind as well.

I know I have a specific style, but here's my Jenna-fied version of how I originally imagined Mountain Man to look like (next to him are some of the storyboards I've done):


Of course Ethan (the visual development lead) and I will have to talk about this, but one idea I thought of was to make the mountaineer triangular in contrast with the fluffy rams, in other words, maintaining this kind of shape:

Just shum food for thought! :) Thank you, thank you, thank you for your posts! Keep those ideas coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment